What’s Included in a Professional Duct Cleaning Service?
Not all duct cleaning services are the same. While a low cost service may seem attractive, you’re probably going to get what you pay for, which may not be much. If you’ve decided that it’s time to have the ductwork in your home professionally cleaned, take some time to ask the right questions, so you’re sure you’re getting a thorough cleaning and not just a basic vacuuming. Here’s an overview of what’s included in an HB McClure duct cleaning service, so you know what to expect.
- HB McClure’s residential duct cleaning is usually completed in one day for a single heating/cooling duct system.
- Duct cleaning technicians begin with an assessment of the duct layout.
- A large HEPA vacuum is connected to a central location of the supply air duct. The vacuum provides high intensity suction to all supply ducts, vents, and registers throughout the home.
- Starting at each vent or register opening, technicians use specialized tools and high-pressure air to loosen compacted debris and move the loosened material into the main trunk line of the duct system.
- The technicians then clean the main trunk line using the HEPA vacuum system.
- Once the supply duct is cleared, the technicians repeat the same process to the return ducts.
As part of our comprehensive duct cleaning service, HB McClure also uses registered sanitizing agents and specialized equipment to clean the parts of the heating and cooling system that most commonly become dirty and reduce system efficiency. These parts include:
- the indoor/evaporator coil.
- the air handler’s blower assembly.
- the condensation system.
Cleaning these and other components is a critical part of the process and can have a direct effect on your home’s air quality and the efficiency of your system. This is also the part of the process that is often missing from the discounted services offered by other companies, which is why it’s important to know what you’re paying for.
To learn more about professional duct cleaning service for your home, contact HB McClure at 717-232-4328 or request an appointment online.