New federal regulations will require tank water heaters to be more energy efficient than models in the past. New models utilize hybrid electric/heat, solar, and even condensed gas. On average, water heaters can account for 17 percent of your home’s energy use. Upgrading to these types of units can cut utility bills by 25 to 50 percent, which is good news for homeowners.
Cost-effective, hybrid units such as the Voltex® Hybrid Electric Heat Pump can supply hot water for the duration of six consecutive 51-minute showers. By switching to the Voltex® water heaters, homeowners can save up to $419 compared to the standard electric units. Other models like the Promax® Power Vent can be easily installed by a professional plumbing contractor.
Things to look for when purchasing a water heater:
- Length of single shower in minutes
- Number of showers back-to-back
- Number of showers at the same time
- Gallons per maximum tub size
- Minutes it takes to fill tub
- Cost of operations per year
Harrisburg’s HB McClure provides water heater installation in addition to 24-hour plumbing repair service, seven days a week. Our service technicians have an average of 15 years of experience under their belts and are well-suited to assist any and all of the water heater needs you may encounter.
With that in mind, it is important to request the following information from potential water heater providers:
- Years of water heater service experience
- The models of water heaters sold and serviced
- Financing options and warranties available for products
- Everything that is included in an installation
- If service technicians work on commission
Click to request our 24-hour plumbing repair service or call 232-4328.