Central Pennsylvania is under a hazardous air quality warning! Poor outdoor air quality can have a significant impact on indoor air quality. To keep yourself safe during this time, here are a few tips:
- Stay indoors.
- Close your windows and turn your AC on if you have it. If you don’t have AC, and it gets too hot, utilize your family and friends.
- If available, run air purification systems.
- If you must go outside it’s time to break out the masks again!
- If driving, use the recirculation feature in your car to reduce outside air being fed into your vehicle.
- Once the air quality issue passes (fingers crossed, soon!) replace air filters in your central air system. If you have a window AC unit, wash the filters to reduce contaminents.
- Adding an air purifier, such as the I-Wave, can drastically improve your air quality year around, but especially during events like this.
- Duct cleaning for homes with central air is recommended every 7 to 10 years. It is healthy to get rid of the dust and debris in your ductwork and can drastically improve your air quality.
- A great air filter goes a long way! The standard 1” air filter is fine, but a 5” high performance air filter will not only last longer but provide higher levels of filtration.
Our team of technicians would be happy to discuss air quality options and upgrades with you! If you’d like more information, please call our office at 717-232-4328!