Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide is also known as the silent or invisible killer because you cannot smell or see it. CO is a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas that is associated with faulty, improperly-used, improperly-installed or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, water heaters, fireplaces and generators. (Consumer Products Safety Commission)
While you may know about carbon monoxide – or even have a CO detector in your home – you may not know that not all CO detectors protect your family in the same way….and that detectors do not last forever.
Here’s what you should know:
- All homes with any fossil fuel source or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector.
- All carbon monoxide detectors have an expiration date. You should check yours and replace it every 5 to 7 years. Seven years is the maximum.
- Not all carbon monoxide detectors detect low-levels of CO. This means that some detectors don’t even start to notify you until CO is escalating in your home.
- This leaves certain types of people at risk. Infants, children, the elderly, and highly sensitive or ill people may be impacted by CO before a detector that does not monitor low levels begins to respond.
HB Home Service Team carries NSI’s Professional Grade Low-level Carbon Monoxide Detector, providing you with the HIGHEST level of protection. Other detectors provide minimal protection for healthy adults. The NSI 3000 offered by HB Home provides you with maximum peace of mind.