Has a heating or plumbing emergency hit you this winter? Not to worry! Heating and plumbing repairs are important to address any time of year but are especially important during the colder season. Don’t let snow, sleet, or other inclement weather keep you from the comfort of running water and cozy heating this year. If you’re in Randallstown, Columbia, Eldersburg, or other areas of Maryland, learn more about the winter heating, winter plumbing, and other winter services that HB McClure Home Service Team provides:
During the winter, your home is more likely to have the following winter plumbing problems:
- Burst Pipes – When water freezes, it expands. Pipes aren’t equipped to handle this increase in volume. A burst pipe can result in major water leakage and damage! You can keep your pipes from bursting by adding more insulation to keep the water from freezing. But when an unexpected disaster strikes, call HB McClure Home Service Team for this winter plumbing repair.
- Sump Pumps – During the winter, rain, sleet, and snow can cause your sump pump line to freeze. While a functioning sump pump can help with the excess water you might experience during the winter season, a frozen sump pump bears little to no use. Contact HB McClure Home Service Team if you’re experiencing a sump pump problem or other winter plumbing problem in Baltimore or surrounding areas of Maryland.
- Broken Water Heater – As temperatures plummet, your water heater needs to use more fuel and energy to provide hot water for your residence. Problems with your water heater that you didn’t notice in the warmer summer months often become more evident in the winter. This is a common winter service that HB McClure Home Service Team repairs frequently.
Winter heating problems are often one of the most noticeable and uncomfortable repairs that can surface in your home. No one likes being without heat!
Some of the most common winter heating problems include:
- Broken Pilot Light – During the winter, your heater is forced to work harder to heat your home. An overworked furnace can often cause your pilot light to go out or stop working. And because you weren’t using your heating system in the summer, you probably didn’t notice this problem until the winter. HB McClure Home Service Team is highly experienced at completing this type of winter service.
- Hot & Cold Spots – In the colder months, it will become more evident than ever which areas of your home are properly heated and which aren’t. Hot and cold spots can indicate a variety of problems with your heating, so call HB McClure Home Service Team before you attempt to repair this winter heating problem yourself.
- Insulation – Proper insulation is one of the biggest factors in your winter heating system during the colder months. Without an insulated attic, for instance, your heating bill will definitely skyrocket. Like hot and cold spots, poor insulation is often not noticed until winter hits. Consult HB McClure Home Service Team with any questions or concerns regarding this winter heating problem.
Want to learn more about the kinds of winter services that HB McClure Home Service Team provides? With over 33 years of experience, HB McClure Home Service Team has the knowledge and skillset to provide a variety of plumbing repairs and heating repairs.