Your water heater is one of the most important appliances in your home. Without it, you won’t be able to take hot showers or do the dishes using hot water. It can also be quite expensive as far as energy costs go.
It takes a lot of energy to heat your water up. This means that if you notice anything wrong with your water heater, you’ll want to make sure that you have our water heater experts take a look at it.
For water heater installation and repairs in Baltimore and its surrounding areas, give us a call. We offer free estimates for all our plumbing services!
Water Heater Installation
If you’re looking for a plumber in Baltimore who has built a strong reputation for high-quality service, you are not alone. A water heater is one of the most critical appliances in your home, which is why you need a licensed and insured plumber to install your new water heater.
At HB McClure Home Service Team, we offer professional water heater installation throughout Maryland, including Baltimore, Towson, Columbia, and more. Call us today!
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair or Replacement
A water heater in need of repair or replacement will not only result in poor performance but often in higher energy costs as well. The following are a few signs that your water heater may need to be repaired or replaced:
- Your water heater is leaking – If you notice water leaking from your water heater, you’ll want to have the tank replaced right away. Water leaks can end up causing water damage to your home if they get out of hand, and they can also cause the growth of mold and mildew.
- Your water heater is old – Most water heaters will typically last for around ten years. If your water heater is getting up there in age, it may be time to replace it. The older a water heater gets, the less efficient it becomes at heating your water, which means that you may be paying more for your water heating bills than you may have realized.
- Not to mention that a new water heater will greatly improve your home’s energy efficiency.
- Your water smells or tastes metallic – This means that your water heater is beginning to break down. It’s caused by the grit and flakes from your water heater’s interior tank combining with your water.
- Your water is sandy or muddy – This means that there is sediment build up inside of your tank. Best case scenario in this case would be that your tank simply needs to be drained so that the sediment can be removed.
- Your water heater is making strange noises – If your water heater is making loud pops or cracks as its running, there’s a good chance it means that there is mineral built up on the interaction between the inside heater and the heating elements.
- Your water isn’t hot – If the water heater isn’t producing hot water, it means that your heating element may be burned out. If there’s no hot water at all, then it’s because the circuit breaker tripped, the pilot light is out or the water heater needs to be replaced.
Water Heater Services in Baltimore County, MD
If you notice any of these signs, then you may need to have your water heater repaired or replaced. Contact HB McClure Home Service Team for additional advice today.