A heat pump is an HVAC unit that provides both cool air and heat, which means that if you have one in your home, you’re much more dependent on its function than homeowners who have separate units for air conditioning and heat. Because of this, heat pump maintenance is vital to its function, efficiency, and longevity. To ensure that your heat pump remains in good working order, you should schedule an annual heat pump maintenance service.
Call us at 717-232-4328 to schedule heat pump maintenance in Baltimore!
Our Baltimore Heat Pump Maintenance Services
It’s a good idea to get your heat pump checked right before winter hits. This way, you won’t get stuck with a heat pump that’s in need of repair or service when you depend on it most to maintain the comfort of your home.
Our technicians will do a careful inspection of your heat pump to determine if there are any problems. They will take care of any issues, no matter how minor, before they grow into more serious problems that could affect the heat pump’s performance and that could become costly to repair in the future.
Besides making heat pump repairs or replacements where needed, our technicians will also clean any components that have become dirty to help ensure that your heat pump remains efficient.
Some of the things that they will do as part of the inspection include:
- Checking the heat pump’s blower and indoor coil
- Checking heat pump’s refrigerant charge
- Looking for the presence of any leaks, whether they are water leaks or refrigerant leaks
- Checking the heat pump’s electric terminals and connections to ensure that they are clean and tight
- Lubricate the heat pump’s motors
- Inspect the heat pump’s belts for tightness as well as wear and tear
- Check the electric control
- Check and correct thermostat operation if needed
Heat Pump Maintenance Tips
In addition to scheduling a yearly heat pump maintenance service to help ensure that your heat pump continues to work effectively and efficiently, there are a number of maintenance tasks that you can do on your own throughout the year.
- Using your heat pump as suggested by your heat pump manual. Make sure you follow the proper operating procedures when using your heat pump.
- Check your filter every month and either replace it or clean it when needed. A dirty filter will hinder the effectiveness of your heat pump as well as hurts its efficiency, causing unneeded wear and tear on the unit as well as causing your energy costs to go up.
- Check the outdoor coils on a monthly basis and clean them when they appear dirty.
- Inspect the area around your outdoor unit regularly and remove any debris, foliage or clutter that might be obstructing the unit.
- Regularly check and clean the supply and return registers throughout your home.
If your home uses a heat pump, then you’ll want to make sure that it’s ready to perform at its optimal level come winter. Contact us online or give us a call at 717-232-4328 at HB McClure Home Service Team to schedule our heat pump maintenance service today.